Our contact details:
Address: Our Version Media CIC, MAST Mayflower Studios, 142-144 Above Bar Street, Southampton, SO14 7DU
What type of information we have:
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- Personal and organisation email addresses
- Business names, business addresses, social media details, contact details
- Community organisation names, addresses, contact details
How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To subscribe to our emailing list
- To add your business to our Black-owned Business Directory
- To add your community organisation to our Community Organisation Directory
- To book onto our training course
- To book a consultancy session
- To book onto or attend one of our events
- To ask us to quote for training, partnership, or consultancy
- To contact us through our “Contact Form”
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a vital interest.
- We need it to perform a public task.
- We have a legitimate interest.
What we do with the information we have
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Subscribe you to our newsletter
- Publish your business details in our Black-owned Business Directory
- Publish your community organisation details in our Black-owned Business Directory
- Respond to your contact form message
- Book you onto a training course
- Book you a consultancy session
- Book you onto an event
We may share this information with MAST Mayflower Studios who support our event booking.
How we store your information
Your information is securely stored.
For one-off contact, we keep your email address and contact details for one year. We will then dispose of your information by deleting it from our database.
For our clients and partners, we keep your email address and contact details for six years or until you ask us to delete it. We will then dispose of your information by deleting it from our database.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
ICO Helpline number: 0303 123 1113