About: BAME Carers United was set up in 2022 for people from black, Asian and ethnically diverse communities who are caring for loved ones with challenging mental health problems. It aims to:
• Offer mutual support, encouragement, and comfort to group members.
• Provide a safe place where members can get information that’s practical, constructive and helpful.
• Benefit from encouragement and learn more about coping with your problems through shared experiences.
• Hear from others facing similar challenges to help them feel less alone in their troubles.
• Share with others what it feels like to look after someone
• Confidentiality: what’s said in the group, remains in the group
• Create links with mental health professionals
Membership of the Group is open to any person over 18 years who is a member of a Black or Asian ethnic group or any person who is caring for person of the said ethnic group.
Supported by Southern Health NHS.
Meetings: Mondays (Contact organisation for the time)
Address: 65 Priory Road, St Denys, Southampton SO17 2JQ
Contact: [Email] email@example.com